Probabilistic forecast for Northern New Zealand seismic process: a kernel-based approach
- Autori: Adelfio, G.; Chiodi, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Forecast of seismic activity, kernel estimator, New Zealand seismicity
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/54162
Forecast of earthquakes of a given area of Northern New Zealand is provided. It is based on the assumption that future earthquakes activity may be based on the smoothing of past earthquakes. Therefore, seismic activity is described by an intensity function factorized into kernel functions which depend on time longitude and latitude of events.