Coronavirus and library services
Regulatory context and current precautionary measures
For the methods of access and permanence within the Structures of the University of Palermo, refer to the Note prot. 126776 of 08.11.2022.
The application procedures in the University in the event of Covid-positive subjects or close contacts of Covid-positive subjects are contained in the nota prot. 3899 del 12/01/2023 - Aggiornamento delle modalità di gestione dei casi positivi al SARS-Cov-2 e dei contatti stretti in Ateneo - Circolare del Ministero della Salute n. 51961 del 31/12/2022. (Updates about the methods for managing SARS-Cov-2 positive cases and close contacts at the University).
In the light of the regulatory context and the current precautionary measures we inform you that within the University:
- the ban on access to university facilities remains for SARS-CoV-2 positive subjects or for those who show respiratory or feverish symptoms;
- to those who have had close contact with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 positive subjects, the self-surveillance regime is applied, with the obligation to wear FFP2-type respiratory protective devices, indoors or in the presence of gatherings, up to the tenth day following the date of the last close contact; if symptoms occur during the self-monitoring period, immediate execution of an antigen or molecular test is recommended which, in the event of a negative result, must be repeated, if symptoms are still present, on the fifth day following the date of the last contact;
- the use of a mask (surgical type or FFP2) is recommended in all cases of sharing indoors work and study environments; the same obligation must be observed outdoors in the case of gatherings;
- we invite you to sanitize your hands frequently and to maintain interpersonal distance.
Library days and hours of service for each location are available on each library's web pages.
[last updated: January 31, 2023]
E-mail our libraries (see e-mail addresses below) or Find a library
The reading rooms of the following libraries will be open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 23:00 p.m. :
- Biblioteca di Ingegneria
- Biblioteca Interdipartimentale di discipline umanistiche Sezione I. Linguistica "Francesca Laura Morvillo"
The reading room of the following library will be open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 21:00 p.m. :