2000 Degree in hidraulic engeneer University of Palermo dissertation title ”Calculation of flood levels of Belice with GIS techniques” final grade 110/110
2004 Doctor in “Geodetic and topographic science” at UNIVERSITY OF NAPOLI PARTHENOPE (february 2004) dissertation title “hyperspectral techniques for archaeological surveys”;
2004 Scolarship of 6 months for research activity: use of hyperspectral images for archaeological surveys at Geomatic department of UCL (University College of London)
2005 University researcher " Topography and Carthography " at the Faculty of Architecture of Palermo University from january 2005.
2008 Confirmed university researcher " Topography and Carthography " at the Faculty of Architecture of Palermo University .
His research work, through programs financed by the Ministry for University and Scientific Research, carried out at “Dipartimetno di Rappresentazione” of Palermo University is ordered to study the following subject:
- integrated GPS/GIS techniques for vehicle control;
- use of digital photogrammetry to survey territory and cultural heritage;
- applications of GIS for management of cultural heritage;
- high resolution satellite imagery for digital mapping;
- applications of hyperspectral techniques for archaeological surveys;
- integrated GPS/INS systems for direct georeferencing.
- aerial and terrestrial laser-scanning techniques;
- Comparation and development between different techniques of automatic classification both pixel and object oriented
With reference to this research work, he has produced till now 35 publications, a lot of which presented during national and international seminars and congresses.