Vincenzo Fiore is Assistant Professor in Technology and Material Science at University of Palermo from August 2017. He graduated with honors in "Material Engineering" from University of Messina on July 2004 and got a PhD in “Economic analysis, technological innovation and management for territorial development policies” from University of Palermo presenting the thesis "Innovative technologies for the manufacturing of composite structures in the nautical field".
Its research interest is focused on fiber-reinforced composite materials, with the main following topics:
- manufacturing and testing of composite material, with particoalr attention paid to “Green” composites (natural fibers and resins);
- extraction and characterization of new lignocellulosic fibres to be used as reinforcement of polymeric matrices;
- manufaturing and testing of adhesive, mechanical and mixed joints between similar and dissimilar materials (i.e., metal to composite, glass to metal, glass to composite);
- manufacturing and testing of new eco-friendly materials with enhanced insulating properties;
- evaluation of aging resistance of composite structures in hostile envirnoments;
- analysis of viscoelastic behavior of metal, glass, composite structures and natural materials.
He is author/co-author of more than 40 publications in peer-reviewed journals, two patents, 3 book chapters and more than 30 conference presentations, seminars and invited lectures. He has supervised/co-supervised more than 40 Master thesis and have more than five years of teching experience. He is referee for many international ISI Journals and is member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Natural Fibers (ISSN: 1544-0478) and Fibers (ISSN: 2079-6439).