Delegate for International Affairs: Prof.ssa Chiara Corrado
The Department belongs to Master’s degree in Neuroscience, in English. The degree course of study in Neuroscience mainly prepares an expert in Neuroscience and Neurobiology, whose education will be completed with advanced post-graduate training courses
The Degree Course is structured in such a way as to provide an adequate and balanced preparation in the characterizing disciplines and in the field of Biochemistry, Anatomy, and Physiology, in which the structural, morphological and functional aspects of the central and peripheral nervous system will be studied in detail. These teachings are preparatory to correct classification of pathological, diagnostic-instrumental processes and related drug therapies both at cellular and molecular level. These last didactic aspects are guaranteed by the teachings of Neuropathology and Neuropharmacology and Clinical and Advanced Diagnostics, Neurology, Psychiatry, Neurological Rehabilitation. Ample space is also reserved for the study of Information Processing in Neuroscience, Human-machine interfaces (HMI), including the Brain Computer Interface (BCI), key topics in the sector covered in the Information Processing Systems in Neuroscience course. Rehabilitation Engineering, of strategic importance for a modern computational approach to Neuroscience, will also be addressed.
The natural job placement of graduates of the master’s degree in Neuroscience is therefore that of academic research and industrial research, advanced diagnosis, analysis of clinical and biological data in the field of Neuroscience. Additional areas of work are those of the neuropharmaceutical and neuro-biotechnology industry, currently in strong expansion, as well as the industries producing diagnostic medical devices, neurorehabilitation, and neuroprostheses.
The degree course has the international agreements indicated below:
- the University of Rzeszow, Medical College of Rzeszow.
- the Brno University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
- the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA.
Further information on degree course in neuroscience are available at this link:
The Department belongs to several master’s degrees for which agreements are already in place regarding ERASMUS+ KA131_ Individual mobility for study and traineeship intra EU.
Thanks to agreements with many universities, students regularly enrolled in course of study who belong to the Department of Biomedicine, Neuroscience, and Advanced Diagnostics, can spend a period abroad to study, deal with other educational systems and internationalize their knowledge.
These mobility agreements guarantee an internationalization of the teaching of the various course of studies.
The following are the offices with which Erasmus + KA131 Mobility Agreements are active:
- Universidad de Córdoba-Facultad de Medicina y Enfermería, E CORDOBA 01
- Medical University of Vienna, A WIEN64
- University of Rijeka, HR RIJEKA01
- Helsingin Yliopisto, SF HELSINK01
- Universidad de Sevilla C.E.U. Francisco Maldonado de Osuna, E SEVILLA01 - C.E.U.
- Universidad de Oviedo, E OVIEDO01
- Universitat de Barcelona, E BARCELO01
- Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, E BARCELO02
- Universidad de Granada, E GRANADA01
- Universidad de Valencia, E VALENCI01
- Universidad de Valladolid, E VALLADO01
- Universidade de Coimbra, P COIMBRA01
- Universidade de Lisboa, P LISBOA109
- Universidade do Porto, P PORTO02
- University of PORTO-ICBAS, P PORTO02 – ICBAS
- UNIVERSITATEA DE MEDICINA SI FARMACIE "CAROL DAVILA" BUCURESTI, RO BUCURES10
- UNIVERSITATEA "OVIDIUS" CONSTANTA, RO CONSTAN02
- UNIVERSITATEA DE MEDICINA SI FARMACIE "GRIGORE T. POPA" DIN IASI, RO IASI04
- UNIVERSITATEA DE MEDICINA SI FARMACIE TARGU MURES, RO TARGU02
- UNIVERSITATEA DE MEDICINA SI FARMACIE "VICTOR BABES" DIN TIMISOARA, RO TIMISOA02
- UNIWERSYTET RZESZOWSK, PL RZESZOW02
- VYSOKE UCENI TECHNICKE V BRNE, CZ BRNO01
- MASARYK UNIVERSITY, CZ BRNO05
- UNIVERZITA KARLOVA V PRAZE, CZ PRAHA07
- MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF LUBLIN, PL LUBLIN05
- AKADEMIA MEDYCZNA W WARSZAWIE, PL WARSZAW06
- UNIVERSYTET MEDYCZNY IM. PIASTOW SLASKICH WE WROCLAWIU, PL WROCLAW05
- MEDICAL UNIVERSITY PLOVDIV, BG PLOVDIV02
- UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI, SI LJUBLJA01
- UNIVERSITE CLAUDE BERNARD - LYON 1, F LYON01
- UNIVERSITE DE STRASBOURG, F STRASBO48
- HEINRICH-HEINE-UNIVERSITAET DUESSELDORF, DUSSELD01
- UNIVERSITAET HAMBURG, D HAMBURG01
- CHRISTIAN-ALBRECHTS-UNIVERSITÄT ZU KIEL, D KIEL01
- UNIVERSITAET ZU KOELN, D KOLN01
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET MUENCHEN, D MUNCHEN02
Link to PhD School of BIOMEDICINE, NEUROSCIENCE AND ADVANCED DIAGNOSTICS
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore (MD), USA
Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
University of Health Sciences Lahore, Pakistan
University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
University of Edinburgh, Scotland
American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon