Skip to main content
Passa alla visualizzazione normale.


Enrolment for EU/non-EU students and visa procedures for non-EU students


Why the University of Palermo?

Find out more information on services, places, events in the University of Palermo; read more about all the housing opportunities for students.


Enrol to MSc. Degree in Electronics Engineering

          Updated enrolment info for the next A.Y. will be available around July 2020.

   For pre-application, a Gmail account is needed. If you don't have a Gmail account, please send the documents to the Course Coordinator, Prof. Alessandro Busacca, or the Admission Board Responsible, Prof. Salvatore Basile

       If you are a non-EU students with residency abroad, please also follows the following procedure.

  • You must take the following documents to the Italian Embassy:

    • the pre-acceptance letter received when compiling the pre-application form;
    • any language competence certificates (for more details please refer to the information provided concerning the possibility for exemption from the Italian language test and exemption from the Italian language test and the quota);
    • two passport photos;
    • the required documents if you hold a foreign qualification.
    • the documents required for the visa application, including a health insurance policy where applicable;

Important information about visa:

To enter Italy, non-EU students wishing to enrol in degree programmes or single course units must first apply for an entry visa for study purposes.

The entry visa for study purposes is usually issued after the pre-enrolment procedures at the Italian Embassy have been completed.

Where necessary, some embassies issue a short-term visa in order to allow students to take part in admission tests held in Italy. Subsequently, and only after verifying the successful outcome of the admission tests, they issue a visa for study purposes, called “studio – immatricolazione università” in Italian.

Read the information about the visa for Italy, selecting “study – university enrolment” (if you wish to enrol in a degree programme), “study – university single course” (if you wish to enrol in single course units), as the reason for your stay. Contact the relevant Italian Embassy well in advance and find out what the documents required are. Make an appointment if necessary.

For more information, contact your nearest Italian Embassy (or Consulate).

  • You must obtain the following documents from the Italian Embassy:

    • an authenticated passport photo; 
    • an entry visa to Italy for study purposes (“studio- immatricolazione università”);
    • a stamped health insurance policy, where applicable;
    • the required documents if you hold a foreign qualification.
    For the most complete and updated information, Please refer to the Italian diplomatic/consular Mission in your country, following the
    "Procedures for entry, residence and enrolment at higher education institutions for students requiring visas for higher education courses in italy in the 2019-2020 academic year"
    with particular reference to its “Part II 3. Pre-enrolment request for laurea magistrale degree courses (not single cycle)”.

   Further information can be found on Visa and rules for residence in Italy page.


Documentation relating to economic situation (for NON-EU students)

International students from countries outside the European Union must provide documentation relating to their economic situation and assets as issued by the authorities in the place where the income was produced and the assets possessed. The documentation must be translated into Italian and legalised by the Italian diplomatic authorities in the place of origin or, where this is required, apostilled according to applicable regulations.

In countries where it is particularly difficult to obtain certificates vetted by the local Italian embassy, the documents may be substituted by a certificate in Italian issued by the Embassy or Consulate of the home country in Italy, legalised by the local branch of the Home Office (Prefettura).

In all cases, the documentation must indicate:

  • The composition of the family nucleus.
  • The work activities of each member of the family nucleus in 2018, including any adult brothers and sisters. If any members do not work, the documentation must demonstrate their situation of non-employment or unemployment and the amount of any unemployment benefit or other benefits received.
  • The period of working activity of each member (indicating whether the period was more or less than six months during 2018).
  • The value of the income in 2018 of every member of the family, including any adult brothers and sisters and any other relatives aged 18 or over living with the student or, otherwise, the overall income value of the family nucleus.
  • An indication of the size of the home and other buildings owned in 2018, in square metres; if the home is not owned by the family, the student must attach a special declaration issued by the relevant authorities certifying that no member of the family nucleus owns any property.
  • The amount of any residual mortgage on the home and/or other property as at the end of 2018.
  • The value of the moveable assets owned by each member of the family nucleus as at the end of 2018.
  • Any documented invalidity or disability of the student.

Values must be in euros based on the average exchange rate for the year in question, determined in accordance with the law.

International students from non-EU countries classified as "very poor" according to Italian Ministerial Decree pursuant to Art. 13 of the Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers 9 April 2001 "Regulation on equal treatment regarding the right to higher education" must provide a certificate from the Italian diplomatic authority in their home country stating that the student does not belong to a family known to have high income or high social status.

International students from outside the European Union can, like Italian citizens, self-certify information such as statuses, personal qualities and facts certifiable or ascertainable by Italian public or private bodies.