The Department Council (C.d.D.) is the organism encharged of developing and planning activities of the Department and to choose the relevant implementation criteria.
The Department Council is composed by:
- The Director, who convenes and presides it;
- Professors, permanent researchers and temporary researchers;
- the administrative manager with the function of secretary and with right to vote;
- a representation of technical-administrative staff equal to 10% of the teaching staff;
- a representation of scholarship holders or research fellowships or multi-year research contracts assigned to the Department in a number equal to 10% of the teaching staff;
- a representation of the students, enrolled in the specialization and research doctorate courses based in the department, equal to 10% of the teaching staff.
The electoral operations for the designation of the representatives of the non-permanent members of the C.d.D. are governed by the specific University regulations.