Spain: International Summer School 2018 06/03/2018
Ines Fernandez ☎ +34 881011950 - Eugenia Díaz ☎ +34 881011970
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org URL: http://www.udc.es/iss
International faculty are invited to submit course proposals for Universidade da Coruña's International Summer School, which will be held in A Coruña in the summer of 2018. Courses shall be entirely taught in English. Each three-week intensive course shall have a total teaching load of 42 hours divided into 14 three-hour sessions (from 30th July to 17th August) and will have an academic value of 6 ECTS credits.
Visiting teachers shall meet the following requirements:
- They must be in possesion of a PhD or equivalent.
- A minimum of B2 level of English will be required. The selection commitee might interview the candidates in order to guarantee an appropiate level of English.
- They must be regularly employed at a foreign institution for the whole duration of their teaching visit to the ISS. Their home institution shall be responsible for any wages or social security contributions during this period, and must be willing to sign an interinstitutional agreement and a teaching assignment form that will cover the activity of the visiting teacher at the host Universidade da Coruña.
What we offer
Universidade da Coruña (UDC) will offer the following conditions:
- UDC will pay the visiting teacher for accommodation and meals in a university hall of residence for the teaching period ( any travelling companion costs are not included ). Further information will be provided.
- At the end of the course, UDC will issue a certificate to the visiting teacher stating the title and level of the course, the number of hours and credits taught.
- For those universities eligilbe for Erasmus + funds, UDC will help selected applicants obtain funding from their home universities under the Erasmus mobility for teaching. To this end, it will sign an interinstitutional agreement, a letter of invitation, a teaching assignment, and a certificate of the teaching visit, or a letter of invitation as a visiting researcher , as required.
Visiting teachers shall apply by filling in the following COURSE PROPOSAL FORM (OPEN until December 1st) .
Candidates can apply individually or together with a maximum of 2 colleagues, as long as their teaching periods do not overlap. In case of joint proposals please send just one form.
Such form will contain the following information:
- General information of the course
- Lecturer information: A brief narrative CV (max. 200 words)
- Course overview
- Learning outcomes
- Course content
- Instructional method
- Required course materials
Proposals should be submitted online by December 1st. Informal enquiries can be directed to email@example.com
1. As soon as the course proposal is received, UDC will confirm it to the applicant by email.
2. All proposals will be analyzed by a commitee which will assess the suitability of the course for potential students, as well as the likely demand among them. This commitee will consist of the Vice rector for Internationalization and Cooperation, the Head of the International Relations Office, an IRO administrative officer and a team of experts from the five fields of study. The criteria taken into account will be:
- Suitability of the subject for a course
- Coherence of the syllabus
- Evidence of the instructor’s competence
- Intelligence and pedagogical skill
3. Preselected courses will be announced on December 20th.
4. Applicants will be informed if their proposals have been preselected by email. UDC will publish the list of preselected courses on its website, and open the student registration period.
5. Students´ registration will be open until 30th June.
6. As soon as the minimum of 10 students are registered on each course and, in any case, by 2nd July, visiting teachers will be informed about the final selection.