Skip to main content
Passa alla visualizzazione normale.

Scuola delle Scienze Giuridiche ed Economico-Sociali

Disability Services

Section edited by
Delegate of the School of Juridical and Economic-Social Sciences for Disability
Prof. Fabiano Di Prima

Different Skills Operating Unit (U.O.A.D)

The disability services offered by the School of Juridical and Economic-Social Sciences are governed by the regulations of the Different Skills Operative Unit (U.O.A.D.), former University Center for Disabilities (former CUD).

What is the U.O.A.D.?

The Different Skills Operating Unit (formerly the University Center for Disabilities) is the University structure established in Palermo in March 1999 following Law 104/1992 integrated and amended by Law 17/1999, to coordinate, monitor and support all activities in favor of the inclusion of students with disabilities.

Inside the U.O.D., with reference to the art. 5, paragraph 4 of Law 170/2010, the Dyslexic Student Service is established to offer consultancy for the assessment of intervention methods necessary to support the student's study path with specific learning difficulties.

The activities of the Operational Unit (O.O. Different Skills) are planned and coordinated by the Commission for the activities of the University in favor of the disabled, chaired by the Delegate of the Rector, Prof. Annamaria Pepi, and composed of the Delegates of each School.

Who can use the services of the U.O.A.D.?

Different students, doctoral students, post-graduates, students enrolled at the University of Palermo with a certificate of disability greater than 66% and students with specific learning disabilities ( law October 8, 2010, No. 170) with certification issued by health facilities and / or accredited bodies Access to the services can be requested by the interested parties by September 15th of each academic year, through a form available at the UOAD offices (V.le delle scienze, building 9) during the reception hours or downloadable on the website, attaching a copy of the disability certificate> 66%, a copy of the university enrollment, a copy of the university pass and a copy of the study plan.