Active Research fields
Scholar of English literature specialized in Anglophone literature, in particular from Africa (Nigeria, Somalia, South Africa) and the diaspora (Black Britain, the Caribbean and African American literature). Her theoretical framework encompasses postcolonial, cultural, transnational, migratory, and gender studies. Albeit maintaing the scientific rigour of philological textual analysis, her interdisciplinary perspective embraces studies from sociology, anthropology, legal studies, and politics.
Research projects of the last 5 years
Scientific director of the Agreement between the Univeristy of Palermo and the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) since 2010. Specific title for the Humanties: Cultures in Transnational Perspective.
- Member of Partnership Studies Group (Scientific director: Prof. A. Riem, University of Udine), since December 2015.
- Member of Board AISCLI (Associazione Italiana Studi sulle Culture e Letterature dei Paesi di Lingua Inglese), 2012-2016.
- Scientific collaboration with the research program Women's and Gender Studies, CUNY (City University of New York) Brooklyn College Foundation (Chair in 2012-2013).
- Scientific collaboration with the New York University research group Black Portraiture/ReSignifications since 2012.
- Scientific collaboration with Lagos Black Heritage Festival "The Black in the Mediterranean Blue" - University of Lagos, Nigeria, 2011-201, Scientific/Artistis director: 1986 Nobel Laureate in Literature Prof. Wole Soyinka.
- Scientific coordinator for the agreement UCLA-University of Palermo since 2011 (responsible for the program in the Humanitties: "Cultures in Transantional Perspective").