COT - Counselling - Career Service Centre
Not just somewhere to study, but a complex community that provides services, offers incentives and opportunities for development, and support the students in the successive stages of their training – UNIPA presents itself to students who choose it as a place of study.
Thanks to ERSU (the regional authority in charge of services concerning university students’ right to study), accommodation is available for about 1000 non residential students. Accommodation but also food, thanks to the four university canteens.
There are also foreign languages and IT courses at special rates, scholarships for the most meritorious, including those without sufficient economic means, contributions towards travels abroad, and cultural activities such as exhibitions, concerts and workshops.
The library facilities available to the students, (but also local inhabitants) are distributed in the five Schools and comprise more than 1,550,000 books and over 6500 periodicals.
COT organises general counselling, pre-enrolment counselling, undergraduate counselling, and graduate counselling; it provides undergraduates with support activities; and it provides information and links with local operators.
At the Centre for Guidance and Counselling, University of Palermo, in close collaboration with the Regional Agency for the Right to Education, is active ATM Reception for Foreign Students.
The service aims to provide welcoming, listening and support to foreign students already enrolled or interested in enrolling at the University of Palermo.
The activities of the ATM consist of:
• Assistance in university enrollment and registration procedures;
• Assistance in the process of improvement of the Foreign Educational Credentials;
• Assistance in the process of Recognition of Foreign Academic Title;
• Assistance in the application process for non-EU students residing abroad who have applied to the university of seats reserved by the Italian Embassies;
• Providing information and updates on legislation on immigration;
• Assistance in administrative procedure for issuance / renewal of residence permits;
• Providing information on services offered by the University and by 'ERSU and all the services in the area dedicated to immigrants;
• Activities of connection between ERSU-the Students' Secretariat - International Relations Office - The Italian language school for foreign students;
• Activities in connection with the Immigration Office of Police of Palermo.
The door, located in the Avenue of Science Building 2 -2 ° floor, is open Monday - Wednesday - Friday from 9:00 to 13:00, Tuesday from 15:00 to 17:00
☎ 091 238 65505
Dott.ssa Cristiana Gioè
Dott.ssa Bijou Nzirirane