The evolution of grain-size distribution of sands under 1-D compression
- Autori: Valore, C.; Ziccarelli, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: particle crushing; characteristic diameter; grain-size distribution; one-dimensional compression.
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/41724
Crushing of particles is a fundamental mechanisms leading to deformation of particulate materials at medium and high stresses. As crushing progresses, the grain-size distribution undergoes modifications, causing changes of the porosity, grain-to-grain contacts and of their density (”packing density” and “grain contact”). The main aim of the research is the identification of trends in the modifications of characteristic diameters (D10, D15, D25, etc.) in function of the applied stress s´v.