Educational Efficiency in a Dea-Bootstrap Approach
- Autori: Giambona, F.; Vassallo, E.; Vassiliadis, E.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: efficiency; dea; bootstrap; education
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/51467
We use the PISA 2006 results to analyse the students' proficiencies in 24 European Countries with regard to two indexes that represent the educational resources available at home and the family background of students. Many factors affect the proficiencies and therefore, using a DEA-bootstrap method, we intend to measure the efficiency of the European educational systems as capability to ensure high students' competencies despite adverse conditions about the educational resources available in students' home and the family background.