DNA-binding of nickel(II), copper(II) and zinc(II) complexes: structure-affinity relationships
- Autori: Barone, G.; Terenzi, A.; Lauria, A.; Almerico, A.; Leal, J.; Busto, N.; García, B.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2013
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Binding constant; Copper; DNA; Nickel; Zinc
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/99982
Nickel(II), copper(II) and zinc(II) complexes with the same ligands normally display analogous coordination geometry and binding mode toward DNA. However, although qualitatively alike in structure and properties, different DNA-binding ability has often been observed. This review surveys the most recent examples of binding of the three metal ions complexed with monodentate and chelating bidentate to tetradentate ligands to DNA. An attempt has also been made to rationalize the observed trend in the values of the intrinsic DNA-binding constant, Kb, in terms of structural and chemical features.