Diachronic Analysis of Beech Forest in the Nebrodi Park (Northern Sicily)
- Autori: Bazan, G.; Castellano, G.; Ciccarello, S.; Marino, P.; Schicchi, R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2017
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: Beech forest Fagus GIS Sicily
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/252501
A comparison between the current surface of Beech forest in the Nebrodi Park (Northern Sicily) with the measurements performed in the past is here reported. 12.854 hectares of Beech forest were recognized against 10.336 hectares of 1959 with a percentage increase of 24.37%. The increase of forest is mainly due at the change of land use through a better forest management and grazing.