Indagine sperimentale su nodi di tralicci in acciaio di travi reticolari miste
- Autori: LA MENDOLA, L.; Scibilia, N.; Colajanni, P.; Badalamenti, V.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Experimental Investigation, Composite Trussed Beams, Welded Joints, Digital Scanner, Analytical Modeling
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/42252
Results of experimental tests on welded joints of steel truss of encased composite steel-concrete beams are presented. The welding of the inclined web bars to top bars, both of steel type B450C, and to bottom steel plate, the latter made of S355 steel type, are tested. Two analytical expressions for prediction of welding strength are derived: the one based on a resistance criterion and the other based on a limit domain of the welding section. Guidelines for choosing the effective dimensions of the fillet weld, necessary to determine the strength, are provided. A high precision digital scanner is used to validate the suggested guidelines to determine the geometrical characteristics of the fillet weld.