Template electrosynthesis of La(OH)3 and Nd(OH)3 nanowires using porous anodic alumina membranes
- Autori: Bocchetta, P.; Santamaria, M.; DI QUARTO, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2007
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: nanowires; anodic alumina membranes; hydroxide electrodeposition; template; lanthanide compounds
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/8467
High quality arrays of Ln(OH)3 (Ln = La, Nd) nanowires have been successfully fabricated for the first time by an electrochemical process using anodic alumina membrane templates. A physico-chemical characterisation of electrodeposited hydroxides has been carried out by different techniques (XRD, SEM and EDX). The results show that the synthesized nanostructures are crystalline, dense, continuous, well aligned, and with high aspect ratio, suggesting further development of possible applications in the lanthanide family species.