Electroplated Ni/Ni-Co multilayer coatings for higher corrosion-erosion resistance
- Autori: Hasanpour P.; Salehikahrizsangi P.; Raeissi K.; Santamaria M.; Calabrese L.; Proverbio E.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2019
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: Coating; Electrodeposition; Erosion-corrosion; Hydrophobicity; Roughness
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/417164
Erosion-corrosion behaviour of hierarchical structured hydrophobic nickel-cobalt coating, obtained by electrodeposition, was assessed. In situ electrochemical measurements were carried out to study the corrosion resistance and stability during erosion tests. The electrochemical behaviour was related to surface hydrophobicity and its hierarchical structure nature as well as its modification. The pure Ni showed the lowest erosion-corrosion resistance. A smoothing of the hierarchical structure and thus a reduction the hydrophobicity was highlighted. On the other hand, Ni-Co coating even if associated to a lower electrochemical stability showed a more stable hierarchical structure also at high erosion times.