The amorphous semiconductor Schottky barrier approach to study the electronic properties of anodic films on Ti
- Autori: Di Quarto, F.; Di Franco, F.; Miraghaei, S.; Santamaria, M.; La Mantia, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2017
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials; Renewable Energy, Sustainability and the Environment; Surfaces, Coatings and Films; Electrochemistry; Materials Chemistry2506 Metals and Alloys
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/252075
A detailed study of the electronic properties of thin (>20 nm) anodic TiO2 potentiostatically grown on titanium in two different solutions is presented. The results show that the nature of the anodizing solution affects the electronic properties of the anodic film and, more specifically, the density of electronic states (DOS) distribution. Different DOS were derived from the experimental data analyzed according to the theory of amorphous semiconductor (a-SC) Schottky barrier. It is shown that the usual non-linear and frequency dependent Mott-Schottky plots are in agreement with expected theoretical behavior of a-SC Schottky barrier.