Photoelectrochemical Synthesis of Polypyrrole on Anodic Ta2O5 Films
- Autori: DI QUARTO, F.; Figa', V.; Bocchetta, P.; Santamaria, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2007
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: FIELD-EFFECT TRANSISTORS; CONDUCTING POLYMERS; GENERATION; TANTALUM; METALS; THICKNESS; OXIDATION
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/16669
Polypyrrole film was photoelectrochemically grown on insulating Ta2O5 anodic film in acetonitrile solution. A characterization by photocurrent spectroscopy PCS of metal/oxide/polypyrrole interface was carried out. The PCS results suggest that a metallic-like PPy is formed under illumination at constant anodic potential. By polarizing the polypyrrole at cathodic potentials a photocurrent spectrum typical of p-type semiconducting film was recorded. A scanning electron microscopy study of PPy surfaces solution side and oxide side allowed us to obtain information on the morphology of the polymer as well as a rough estimate of the film thickness and of the diameter of PPy globules at the two interfaces.