Transitive Reasoning with Imprecise Probabilities
- Autori: Gilio, A; Pfeifer, N; Sanfilippo, G
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2015
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: Coherence, default, imprecise probability, knowledge base, p-consistency, p-entailment, reasoning, syllogism, weak transitivity
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/141259
We study probabilistically informative (weak) versions of transitivity, by using suitable definitions of defaults and negated defaults, in the setting of coherence and imprecise probabilities. We represent p-consistent sequences of defaults and/or negated defaults by g-coherent imprecise probability assessments on the respective sequences of conditional events. Finally, we prove the coherent probability propagation rules for Weak Transitivity and the validity of selected inference patterns by proving the p-entailment for the associated knowledge bases.