Solitary metastasis from melanoma causing bowel perforation
- Autori: Guercio G, Tutino R, Falco N, Cocorullo G, Salamone G, Licari L, Cabibi D, Bagarella N, Gulotta G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2015
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: SOLITARY METASTASIS FROM MELANOMA CAUSING BOWEL PERFORATION
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/303540
Skin melanoma can metastasize to any organ or tissue. The median survival in patient with intestinal metastases is inferior to 7 months compared to other sites metastasis. A wide intestinal resection including the resection of the mesentery with lymph nodes remains the main treatment due to the low morbidity and mortality rate it is also associated with.