Agritourism, between legislation and marketing: A leading sector for local development the case of the province of Palermo
- Autori: Donia, Enrica*; Piraino, Fabrizio; Annatelli, Matilde; Sgroi, Filippo
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2018
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Agriculture; Authentic; Food economy; Growth; Local tradiction; Socio-cultural; Tourism; Public Administration; Strategy and Management1409 Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Management; Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/295808
This work stems from a desire to understand the dynamics of a sector that is of particular interest for the economy and regional development of Sicily. Due to its geographical position, rich history, and natural beauty, Sicily is a year-round attraction for large numbers of tourists from all over the world. In this respect, it is vital to invest in the local area, to try to maintain and increase the potential that the territory itself can offer. With this work, we consider the agritourism sector to specifically assess its potential interest for business people and consumers, both actual and potential. Indeed, if on one side modern tourism was born from a desire to visit faraway places, it is undeniable that tourists also want to discover local identities and to recover local traditions and products, as well as the most authentic socio-cultural expressions. An analysis of the agritourism sector of the Province of Palermo was carried out, analysing both the demand and the supply side. The data showed that the sector is developing strongly and is of interest to local entrepreneurs seeking to position themselves in the marketplace.