EXTERNAL NOISE EFFECTS IN DOPED SEMICONDUCTORS OPERATING UNDER SUB-THZ SIGNALS
- Autori: PERSANO ADORNO, D; PIZZOLATO, N; VALENTI, D; SPAGNOLO, B
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Monte Carlo simulations; fluctuations and noise processes; transport properties
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/73028
We study the noise-induced effects on the electron transport dynamics in low-doped n-type GaAs samples by using a Monte Carlo approach. The system is driven by an external periodic electric field in the presence of a random telegraph noise source. The modifications caused by the addition of external fluctuations are investigated by studying the spectral density of the electron velocity fluctuations for different values of the noise parameters. The findings indicate that the diffusion noise in low-doped semiconductors can be reduced by the addition of a fluctuating component to the driving electric field, but the effect critically depends on the features of the external noise source.