Nonstationary distributions and relaxation times in a stochastic model of memristor
- Autori: Agudov, N V; Safonov, A V; Krichigin, A V; Kharcheva, A A; Dubkov, A A; Valenti, D; Guseinov, D V; Belov, A I; Mikhaylov, A N; Carollo, A; Spagnolo, B
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2020
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: Brownian motion; defects; diffusion; exact results;
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/408142
We propose a stochastic model for a memristive system by generalizing known approaches and experimental results. We validate our theoretical model by experiments carried out on a memristive device based on multilayer structure. In the framework of the proposed model we obtain the exact analytic expressions for stationary and nonstationary solutions. We analyze the equilibrium and non-equilibrium steady-state distributions of the internal state variable of the memristive system and study the influence of fluctuations on the resistive switching, including the relaxation time to the steady-state. The relaxation time shows a nonmonotonic dependence, with a minimum, on the intensity of the fluctuations. This paves the way for using the intensity of fluctuations as a control parameter for switching dynamics in memristive devices.