Influence of length on the noise delayed switching of long Josephson junctions
- Autori: FEDEROV K G; PANKRATOV A L; SPAGNOLO B
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2008
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: noise delayed switching
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/26391
The transient dynamics of long overlap Josephson junctions in the frame of the sine-Gordon model with a white noise source is investigated. The effect of noise delayed decay is observed for the case of overdamped sine-Gordon equation. It is shown that this noise induced effect, in the range of small noise intensities, vanishes for junction lengths greater than several Josephson penetration lengths.