Different scenarios of electric mobility: Current situation and possible future developments of fuel cell vehicles in Italy
- Autori: Ala G.; di Filippo G.; Viola F.; Giglia G.; Imburgia A.; Romano P.; Castiglia V.; Pellitteri F.; Schettino G.; Miceli R.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2020
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista
- Parole Chiave: Battery electric vehicles; E-mobility; Electric vehicles; Future of e-mobility; Socio-technical transition
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/402885
The diffusion of electric vehicles in Italy has started but some complications weight its spread. At present, hybrid technology is the most followed by users, due particularly to socioeconomic factors such as cost of investment and range anxiety. After a deep discussion of the Italian scenario, the aim of the paper is to recognize whether fuel cell technology may be an enabling solution to overcome pollution problems and respect for the environment. The opportunity to use fuel cells to store electric energy is quite fascinating-the charging times will be shortened and heavy passenger transport should be effortless challenged. On the basis of the present history and by investigating the available information, this work reports the current e-mobility state in Italy and forecasts the cities in which a fuel cell charging infrastructure should be more profitable, with the intention of granting a measured outlook on the plausible development of this actual niche market.