Fast Fourier Transform Filtering for Bilateral Mammography Comparison
- Autori: Cascio, D.; Chietri, V.; Fauci, F.; Iacomi, M.; Ienzi, R.; Magro, R.; Raso, G.; Sorce, S.; VASILE SIMONE, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: CAD, mammography, FFT, Bilateral Mammography Comparison, Computer Applications
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/45844
Bilateral Asymmetry is one of the breast abnormalities that may indicate a cancer in early stage. The computer methods for the bilateral subtraction developed up to now show the problem of large false positives number because the alignment defects. On the other hand the computer methods using FFT approach suffer of a low S/N ratio to distinguish massive lesions from background. In this paper a method (FFT-RF-BMC) is presented to enhanche the bilateral asymmetry using a FFT to detect massive lesions through a Recursive Filtering.