An algorithm for the assessment of subjective adaptive thermal comfort conditions based on multi-agent systems
- Autori: Marino, C.; Nucara, A.; Peri, G.; Pietrafesa, M.; Pudano, A.; Rizzo, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: adaptive thermal comfort; multi-agent systems; intelligent agents.
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/62082
Thermal comfort conditions in the built environment are strictly related not only to the thermal and geometric building features and to air-conditioning systems, but also to the building destination, to its using profile and to the biological-metabolic-psychological characteristics of users. As a consequence, there is a strong claim for new models, both subjective and adaptive to the environment, in a particular holistic vision of the problem, with regards to the novel tern user-plant-building system. In such a frame, through the paper the characterization of an algorithm aimed at subjective adaptive thermal comfort evaluations, enriching the one proposed by Fanger with an adaptive approach, is carried out using a Multi Agent System (MAS), based on Intelligent Agents, able to follow user’s needs and preferences in different contexts and expectations.