Optimal Set Points Regulation of Distributed Generation Units in Micro-grids under Islanded Operation
- Autori: RIVA SANSEVERINO, E.; Ippolito, M.; Zizzo, G.; Graditi, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Optimal dispatch, microgrids, multi-objective optimization, slack bus
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/60403
The present work studies the problem of optimizing the power production levels of dispersed generation units in islanded microgrids. The problem is intrinsically multi-objective with non linear objectives and constraints, thus the solution approach is based on evolutionary optimization and uses the Non dominated Sorting Genetic Algorithm II. The objectives are calculated based on the solution of the load flow problem. The latter problem is more complicated when in the considered system a physical node with a sufficiently large production capability is not available, because all the generation node of the systems have similar and limited generation capability. In this paper, the issue has been solved including into the optimization string also the slack bus identifier. This idea, together with the use of a suitable multiobjective technique, allows to reach interesting results and to optimally dispatch the power from the different generating units.