A new technique for partial discharges measurement under DC periodic stress
- Autori: Romano, P.; Candela, R.; Imburgia, A.; Presti, G.; Sanseverino, E.; Viola, F.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2018
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: DC stress; HVDC; Partial discharges; PRPD pattern; Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials; Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/287688
The aim of the present work is to recognize the type of defect in insulating materials employed in DC electrical systems. This analysis, under AC stress, is carried out by using the Phase Resolved method (PRPD). While, under constant voltage stress this method cannot be performed and measurements show complexities. In order to overcome these problems, a new technique is proposed, based on the application of a periodic continuous waveform. Simulation results, carried out by using a model based on a time-variable conductance of an air void defect, showed the PRPD pattern that can be obtain. Furthermore, compared to the constant DC stress, the measurement duration became lower and the discharges repetition rate greater. Finally, experimental tests have been made in order to validate simulation results.