The role of technology in participative processes
- Autori: RIVA SANSEVERINO, E.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2017
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: District heating; Electric vehicle; Heat pump; Smart city; Smart grid;
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/225071
Smart city is more and more, in the common feeling, the crossroad of technologies, but first and foremost, the place where humans, contexts and technologies meet and must interact. Technological systems thanks to the deep human interaction acquire an uncertain behaviour that can be hardly modelled and controlled. The resulting complexity, cannot be easily handled with the tools that are available to separate scientific fields. The interdisciplinarity that comes from the implementation of technologies and the dialogue between these and the territories requires new tools for classification and design. New urban design tools are needed allowing to identify in a standardized way adequate support measures for urban functions deployment (energy, mobility, water and waste management).