A generalized methodology for distribution systems faults identification, location and characterization
- Autori: Campoccia, A.; DI SILVESTRE, M.; Incontrera, I.; RIVA SANSEVERINO, E.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2005
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Failure analysis ; Petri nets ; protective relays
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/27805
Service continuity is of basic importance in the definition of the quality of the electrical energy, for this reason, the research in the field of faults diagnostic for distribution systems is spreading ever more. In this paper, a new methodology for diagnostic management of automated distribution systems is presented. The technique is based on the solution of a circuital model of the electrical system resulting from the composition of distributed parameters quadripoles. The solution gives as a result the identification of the type of fault, of its characteristic parameters and location. The paper shows an application to line to line grounded and ungrounded faults in which also its precision and robustness to parametric variations are tested. The methodology can be extended to all the must commom types of faults. Finally other runs show the comparison between the distributed parameters model.