Organismi geneticamente modificati: definizioni e finalità.
- Autori: Cacciabaudo, F.; Altomare, R.; Gioviale, M.; Tomasello, G.; Bruno, A.; Palumbo, V.; Damiani, P.; LO MONTE, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2013
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Genetically Modified Organism (GMO)
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/89204
Article 2 of the European Directive 2011/18/EC defines a genetically modified organism (GMO) a san organism in which the genetic material has been altered in a way that does not occuirr naturally by inserting DNA fragments from one organism's gene into the chromosomes of another, changing its genetic expression. In the field of animal and plants biotechnology there are different application areas of genetic engineering such as improving the quantity and quality of argicultural production, pharmaceutical production in more sustainable ways or applications in environmental field.