The links between smart specialisation strategy, the quintuple helix model and living labs
- Autori: Provenzano, V.; Arnone, M.; Seminara, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2018
- Tipologia: Capitolo o Saggio (Capitolo o saggio)
- Parole Chiave: Living labs; Quintuple helix model; Smart specialisation strategy; Renewable Energy, Sustainability and the Environment; Energy Engineering and Power Technology; Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering; Management, Monitoring, Policy and Law
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/288680
This paper analyzes how the Living Labs can be designed as tools for a more effective implementation of the Smart Specialisation Strategy (S3) within the Quintuple Helix Model. Above all, the Quintuple Helix espouses the formation of a constructive situation encompassing ecology, knowledge and innovation, and creating extensive synergy between economy, society, and democracy. In this paper, we shall be focusing on the Quintuple Helix and Living Labs geared towards creating a shared arena in which services, processes and new ways of working via technology can be developed and tested with user representatives and researchers. Since the Living Lab is a rather new research area, the number of supporting theories for understanding the concept is limited. The same is true when it comes to methodologies, methods and tools. The aim of the paper is to clarify these perspectives and to illustrate how they can enhance each other.