Intelligent agents supporting user interactions within self regulated learning processes
- Autori: Bentivoglio, C.; Bonura, D.; Cannella, V.; Carletti, S.; Pipitone, A.; Pirrone, R.; Rossi, P.; Russo, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Multi Agent Systems, Learning Management Systems, Self Regulated Learning, Natural language processing
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/74128
The paper focuses on the main advantages in the definition and utilization of an open and modular e-learning software platform to support highly cognitive tasks performed by the main actors of the learning process. We present in detail the integration inside the platform of two intelligent agents devoted to talking with the student and to retrieving new information sources on the Web. The process is triggered as a reply to the system’s perception that the student feels discontented with the presented contents. The architecture is detailed, and some conclusions about the growth of the platform’s overall performance are expressed.