Multislice human organ extraction based on GVF
- Autori: Ardizzone, E.; Pirrone, R.; Gambino, O.; Vitabile, S.; Scarnato, M.; LO RE, G.; Galia, M.; Midiri, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2008
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Medical imaging, Segmentation, GVF
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/48195
Segmentation techniques based on active contours algorithm are widely used in medical imaging. Unfortunately, they require a lot of parameters to be used and this can rep- resent an issue for those physicians with not much informatics skills. This paper proposes a software tool which allows to segment multiple slice can differ organ extraction setting a small number of parameters. Moreover, the tool offers the functionality to perform a multiple segmentation the same time, so that an entire volume composed by hundreds slices can be segmented.