Synthesis, mechanical and thermal rheological properties of new gellan gum derivatives
- Autori: Agnello, S.; Gasperini, L.; Mano, J.; Pitarresi, G.; Palumbo, F.; Reis, R.; Giammona, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2017
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Gellan gum; Mechanical properties; Octadecylamine; Physical hydrogels; Thermal scanning rheology; Amines; Carbonates; Hydrogels; Nitrophenols; Polysaccharides, Bacterial; Rheology; Temperature; Tissue Engineering; Structural Biology; Biochemistry; Molecular Biology
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/247277
New derivatives of gellan gum (GG) were prepared by covalent attachment of octadecylamine (C18-NH2) to polysaccharide backbone via amide linkage by using bis(4-nitrophenyl) carbonate (4-NPBC) as a coupling agent. The effect of the alkyl chain grafted onto hydrophilic backbone of high molecular weight GG was investigated in terms of physicochemical properties and ability of new derivatives to form hydrogels. A series of hydrogels was obtained in solutions with different kind and concentration of ions and their stability and mechanical properties were evaluated. The obtained derivatives resulted soluble at temperature lower than starting GG and physicochemical properties of obtained hydrogels suggested their potential use in biomedical field.