Dilated azygos arch mimicking an aortic arch anomaly during thoracic surgery
- Autori: Schierz, I.; Piro, E.; Giuffre, M.; Pinello, G.; Corsello, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2017
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Azygos continuation; Cardiovascular abnormalities; Tracheoesophageal fistula; Pediatrics, Perinatology and Child Health; Obstetrics and Gynecology
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/242660
Cardiovascular malformations are frequently associated in patients with esophageal atresia (EA). We observed azygos continuation mimicking an aortic arch anomaly in four newborns with type III EA. They presented concomitant rib anomalies indicating a common developmental defect. Foreknowledge is important for planning thoracotomy or interventional cardiac catheterization in this population.