User Detection through Multi-Sensor Fusion in an AmI Scenario
- Autori: DE PAOLA, A.; LA CASCIA, M.; LO RE, G.; Morana, M.; Ortolani, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Ambient intelligence; Multi-sensor fusion; User profiling
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/72934
Recent advances in technology, with regard to sensing and transmission devices, have made it possible to obtain continuous and precise monitoring of a wide range of qualitatively diverse environments. This has boosted the research on the novel field of Ambient Intelligence, which aims at exploiting the information about the environment state in order to adapt it to the user’s preference. In this paper, we analyze the issue of detecting the user’s presence in a given region of the monitored area, which is crucial in order to trigger subsequent actions. In particular, we present a comprehensive framework that turns data perceived by sensors of different nature, and with possible imprecision, into higher-level information; a case study derived from an actual implementation of the system regarding the management of an office environment is also described, and experimental results are presented.