ESR response of watch glasses to proton beams
- Autori: Longo, A.; Basile, S.; Brai, M.; Marrale, M.; Tranchina, L.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2010
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: ESR; Watch glasses; Proton beam
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/56665
In this paper we have analyzed the electron spin resonance (ESR) signal of watch glasses irradiated with %60 MeV proton beams in the dose range between 1 and 105 Gy. The composition of samples expressed in oxides weight percentages has been obtained carrying out X-ray ﬂuorescence spectrometry (XRF) mea- surements. The ESR signal has been studied in terms of its dependence on microwave power and modulation ﬁeld in order to choose the optimal recording parameters. The dependence of the radioinduced signal on the exposure dose has been investigated. A numerical procedure aimed at improving the sensitivity in the low dose range has been developed.