EFFICACY OF RAW IMPLEMENTATION AND REDUCTION DOSE PROTOCOLS IN CT COLONOSCOPY: A SINGLE CENTRE 4 YEARS RETROSPECTIVE REVIEW.
- Autori: Scopelliti, L.; DI PIAZZA, A.; Vernuccio, F.; Rabita, F.; Lo Re, G.; Marrale, M.; Salerno, S.; LO CASTO, A.; Midiri, M.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2015
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: Radioprotection / Radiation dose, CT, Radiation safety, Dosimetric comparison
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/120802
CT Colonoscopy, or Virtual Colonoscopy, is well known as an effective alternative in patients that cannot sustain classic colonoscopy. Otherwise as all radiological procedure concerns arise for radiation exposure related to the examination. If CT colonoscopy is considered necessary the radiation dose, according to ALARA principle should be the lowest. For this reason we examined retrospectively our dose performance in CT colonoscopy in terms of CTDIvol and DLP considering the efficacy of different dose reduction factors.