TRANS-FUSIMO – A novel system for treatment support for FUS applications in moving abdominal organs
- Autori: Haase, S.; Bezzi, M.; Lango, T.; Muller, S.; Levy, Y.; Shapira, Y.; Midiri, M.; Gagliardo, C.; Muller, M.; Tanner, C.; Naguib, N.; Jenne, J.; Sat, G.; Melzer, A.; Preusser, T.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2018
- Tipologia: Proceedings (TIPOLOGIA NON ATTIVA)
- Parole Chiave: abdominal organs, focused ultrasounds, software,
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/305144
Computer based treatemnt support for FUS therapy of moviving abdominal organs is essential due to great intrinsic challenges: the target moves due to breathing and may be occluded by the rib cage. In the EU project TRANS-FUSIMO we have developed a sophisticated software system that connects to a FUS transducer and an MRI. This enables physicians to conduct safe, effective and efficient ablation of tumors in the moving liver.