Expression of IAPs (Inhibitory of Apoptosis Proteins) and of their alternative splice variants in hepatocellular carcinoma tissues and cells
- Autori: NOTARBARTOLO DI VILLAROSA, M.; Cervello, M.; Giannitrapani, L.; Meli, M.; Poma, P.; Dusonchet, L.; Montalto, G.; D'Alessandro, N.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2004
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: inhibitors of apoptosis proteins; IAPs; alternative splice variants; drug resistance; hepatocellular carcinoma
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/28790
IAPs (inhibitors of apoptosis proteins) might have a major role in the apoptotic resistance that marks many cancers. The studies on IAPs in human HCC have focused on survivin or XIAP, indicating that their new or increased expression in this tumor is associated with a more unfavorable prognosis. The present results corroborate these findings, emphasizing the role that the coordinated expression of different IAPs and alternative splice variants might play in the adverse biology of hepatocellular carcinoma.