AGE-RELATED HEARING IMPAIRMENT (ARHI): A COMMON SENSORY DEFICIT IN THE ELDERLY
- Autori: Martines, F.; Maira, E.; Ferrara, S.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Age related hearing loss, presbiacusis, tinnitus, deafness
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/55529
This paper aims to give a broad overview of the scientific findings related to Age-related hearing impairment that is a complex disorder, with both environmental as well as genetic factors contributing to the impairment. The involvement of several environmental factors has been partially elucidated. A first step towards the identification of the genetic factors has been made, which will result in the identification of susceptibility genes, and will provide possible targets for the future treatment and/or prevention of ARHI.