Inflammatory Myofibroblastic Tumor of the Larynx: Case report.
- Autori: Martines, F.; Martines, E.; F., C.; E., P.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2007
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Head and neck region. Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumour. Larynx
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/35322
Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumors (IMT) of the larynx are uncommon lesions that easily may be misinterpreted as malignant epithelial or mesenchymal spindle cell neoplasms. When located in the upper airway, IMTs tend to be less aggressive, but have the potential for local invasion and recurrence. The authors describe a rare case of IMT in a 47 year old man, occurring in the vocal fold who underwent surgical treatment five times, because of its higher recurrence rate