THE EFFECT OF INBOUND, OUTBOUND AND COUPLED INNOVATION ON PERFORMANCE
- Autori: Mazzola, E.; Bruccoleri, M.; Perrone, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2012
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Open Innovation; innovation performance; financial performance; Nasdaq; secondary data sources.
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/76403
The focus of this paper is on exploring linkages among Open Innovation practices and firm performance. While, in the last ten years, a certain amount of papers facing such issue has been published, most of them treat inbound, outbound, and coupled innovation practice pro- cesses separately respect to different dimensions of innovation and financial performance. We argue that the concurrent influence of specific Open Innovation practices on both innovation and economic-financial firms’ performance has not been investigated so far into the literature and it is of primary managerial importance. We empirically test our framework on a sample of 105 companies listed on the Industrial Machinery and Component index of NASDAQ.