HEAT CAPACITY AND ENTANGLEMENT MEASURE IN A SIMPLE TWO-QUBIT MODEL
- Autori: Leggio, B.; Napoli, A.; Nakazato, H.; Messina, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: quantum phase transitions, thermal entanglement, heat capacity
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/60067
A simple two-qubit model showing quantum phase transitions as a consequence of ground-state-level crossings is studied in detail. Using the system’s concurrence as an entanglement measure and heat capacity as a marker of thermodynamical properties, we obtain an analytical expression giving the latter in terms of the former. A protocol allowing an experimental measure of entanglement is then presented and compared with a related proposal recently reported by Wie´sniak, Vedral, and Brukner.