Quantum Zeno subspaces induced by temperature
- Autori: Militello, B.; Scala, M.; Messina, A.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2011
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Quantum Zeno Effect; Statistical Mechanics; Open Systems
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/57707
We discuss the partitioning of the Hilbert space of a quantum system induced by the interaction with another system at thermal equilibrium, showing that the higher the temperature the more effective is the formation of Zeno subspaces. We show that our analysis keeps its validity even in the case of interaction with a bosonic reservoir, provided appropriate limitations of the relevant bandwidth.