Non-Markovian Dynamics of Cavity Losses
- Autori: Scala, M.; Militello, B.; Messina, A.; Maniscalco, S.; Piilo, J.; Suominen, K.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: Cavity quantum electrodynamics; quantum noise; open systems
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/36459
We provide a microscopic derivation for the non-Markovian master equation for an atom-cavity system with cavity losses and show that they can induce population trapping in the atomic excited state, when the environment outside the cavity has a non-flat spectrum. Our results apply to hybrid solid state systems and can turn out to be helpful to find the most appropriate description of leakage in the recent developments of cavity quantum electrodynamics.